This page is for new coaches who want to familiarize themselves with both our association and this website. The following may help you to know dates, policy, procedures, etc. If you see a highlighted word in the items below, you can click on that word and it will take to the appropriate bookmark on this site, or to another website.
- It is important to know that everything you need to know about the association is on this website. You can contact us, but everything is right here.
- There is a difference between us (the Michigan High School Soccer Coaches Association or MHSSCA) and the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA). The MHSAA deals with your school in regard to school policies, tournaments and rules. Our association, the MHSSCA, deals with three areas: 1) Awards (recognition of member coaches and their athletes), 2) Training (providing clinics and coaching information for members), 3) Promotion (our mission includes promoting high school soccer within the state of Michigan). The roles of the two organizations do not overlap, but should and do complement each other.
- You do not have to be a member of the association to coach for your school or to coach in the MHSAA tournament. This is a volunteer organization. There are many reasons to belong, however. If you are not a member, the following will not be available to you when you need it, deserve it, or desire it.
- The MHSSCA provides several awards for coaches including Coach of the Year awards (district, regional, state, and national); provides awards to membership players; provides scholarships to member’s athletes and dependents; provides hall of fame and coaching record accomplishment awards. We also award all academic certificates to players who qualify.
- The MHSSCA provides a yearly clinic each year featuring national speakers. The clinic is at a sizable discount to member coaches. Training equipment, resources and fresh ideas are also provide via the association. We also provide a discussion board for only our members that gives you a chance to interact with only our coaches.
- The MHSSCA takes part in several other organizations to assure that you and your high school program are represented. The MHSAA, the United Soccer Coaches, the Michigan High School Coaches Association and the National Coaches Association are only a few of those organizations where our board represents you.
To join the MHSSCA register here: account.mihssca.com.
MIHSSCA Constitution & Bylaws – updated on February 25, 2018